Monday 31 December 2012

Favourite Products of 2012 (Sleek)

Hi Everyone,


Welcome back, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to all of the new years celebrations tonight!

This weeks post originally started as a collection of brands that I have discovered in the last year, however, there are so many brands that I love right now, so I have decided to split this into several posts over the next few days/ weeks. So the first brand I'm going to show you is Sleek, I hope you enjoy.

Sleek

I discovered Sleek a few months ago through the recommendations of my friends Elle and Bekki (they actually recommended all of the brands I will be showing you in the next few weeks, to be completely honest with you) Sleek is a great brand that is available from Superdrug at really affordable prices, they sell some really unique colours and products that so far I haven't seen in any other shop bought brands, however if any of you have seen similar products to these elsewhere please let me know as I would really like to try them.

Pout Paints

Pout Paint's £4.99 available from Superdrug

Sleek's Pout Paints are unlike any other lip colour product I have seen before, they are made to be mixed and not used as they come, which I think is great as it opens up a whole world of lip colour creations. You have to use them with a brush as they don't have an applicator nozzle on them, you will also need to find something to mix them on, I used an old plastic box lid, I recommend using something white so that you have a really good idea of what colour you have mixed. They are very highly pigmented so you hardly need to use any of the product at all. I have done several different colour mixes and the products blend really easily together, they also last well, and fade nicely. 



From Left to Right- Peek-a-bloo, Lava, Cloud 9, Port and Pin up


Eye Shadow Pallets 

I have 4 of their eye shadow pallets and I love all of them, they are highly pigmented and last for ages when used over an eye shadow primer, I used Illamasqua's cream base under the swatches here. All of these are available from Superdrug for £7.99. My favourite pallet at the moment is Sparkle 2, I really love that although they are glittery, its not too much. I really love the turquoise and the red in the top row of this pallet, and I am currently trying to find a look that will give me a chance to show these off as well as possible.

i- Divine- Sparkle 2 (Limited Edition)


i- Divine- Ultra Matts V1

i Divine- Ultra Matts V2

i Divine- Au Naturel


That's all for today, I hope you found something here that you liked the look of. My next post will be a look post inspired by birds, there will be a few different ones, at the moment I plan on doing a Kingfisher, Woodpecker and a Blue tit look, I know that all sounds a bit odd but its something I'm very much looking forward to doing and showing you all. I will then be doing another favourite products post about Sugarpill cosmetics. Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely New year, and I will write to you all in 2013!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment